Cambodia Boarder Run or Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Normally, if you’re just a tourist who wants to travel just a week or two, you do not need to apply for Thailand visa at all (still depend on your nationality). Since Thailand currently has tourist visa exemption policy for 64 countries all over the world which mean a visitor who holds passport of the following countries below, can come in Thailand without the need to apply for visa first. You’ll get a visa on arrival at land border and airports checkpoints for tourism purpose.
If you are not the holder of those passports, then you have to obtain Thailand tourist visa abroad before travelling to Thailand. Please visit our tourist visa page instead after check the list of countries below.
WE OFFER BOARDER RUNS TO CAMBODIA REGULARLY PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
The list of 64 countries that allowed to enter Thailand without a visa under the visa exemption rule:
Andorra, Argentina (90 days), Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil (30 days and 90 days), Brunei, Cambodia (14 days only), Canada, Chile (90 days), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (30 days and 90 days), Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar (14 days only), Monaco, Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru (30 days and 90 days), Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
* Most tourists from these countries will be given 30 days on arrival if entering Thailand via an international airport, or 15 days when entering via a land border.
* The work permit cannot be sought by the holder of this type of visa. Tourist visa and VOA holders can apply for a visa upgrade if they plan to work in Thailand or fear that a long-term extension may not be given without a long-term stay visa aka non-immigrant visa.
Visa Exemption changes due through over exploited border run
This exemption policy was abused to extend the stay before, by people who want to stay in Thailand but didn’t want to bother with applying for a right visa. It’s well known as a “border run” practice. Due to the change of Thailand Immigration policy, foreigners can no longer extend their stay with unlimited border run anymore.
Nowadays if you didn’t have a connection, you can do the border run only twice a calendar year. This regulation change do not affect people who entering Kingdom of Thailand though international airports. However, please remind that if you overexploit this exemption policy even via air, you may be denied the entry.
How to make sure you will be granted a VoA?
* You may not need to do all this, but you may be denied a entry if not meet these requirements. Can contact us if you have a problem entering Thailand this way.
1. Only come for tourism purposes. No shady history of doing border run or visa run.
2. The passport should be with remaining 6 month or more validity, if cannot help at least have to be valid for 30 days.
3. Have full paid onward return travel tickets date within 15 days from the date of entry, ready to be present if asked. Train or bus tickets to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia or Myanmar cannot use as an evident of leaving Thailand.
4. Have valid hotel or apartment address within your stay in Thailand to present if asked.
5. Proof of you having funds of at least 10,000 Thai Bath or, if you come with family, 20,000 Thai Bath for both you and your family members.
6. 2,000 THB VoA fees (not needed for all nationalities) when you enter Thailand. Must be in cash and in Thai bath only.
Tips for those who apply for tourist visa
Consider carefully before you request for your Thai Tourist Visa since you cannot request Thai Tourist Visa in advance for the future purposes. This type of visa is only valid from the day that they are issued. So if you submit too soon, your visa can be expired before you have any chance to use every entry you get, especially when you applying for a multi-entry visa.
Besides being careful not to request for the visa too soon, you also have to ensure that you do not request for the visa too late. Although postal visas services are commonly can be done in less than a week, there may be some delays due to a variety of reasons e.g. the high workloads, submission issues or local postal problems. So please make sure that you have at least 2 full weeks for using the postal visas service, and if you have less than one week to get the visa, you should apply for it in person to be safe.
Check payment also slows the process too since the check has to go through the banking process before they can approve your application. The best way to pay if you using postal service is via postal check which no need to go through the banking process that slows things down.
You will be asked to provide the actual address during your stay in your Thai Tourist Visa application form. However you do not have to mention every apartment, condo or hotel you intend to stay during your time in Thailand. If you want to hop around just provide the address of the first building where you plan to stay.